Any personal information provided by you to The Link Visiting Scheme that is retained electronically or in paper documents will only be used by the charity for managing its operation and delivering its services. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) (GDPR) the charity is required to advise you of your right to privacy.
The personal information held about you only consists of what was provided by you, or by someone acting on your behalf. No other personal information has been added to the record. The information you have provided will not be disclosed to any outside
The Link Visiting Scheme has three lawful bases for collecting personal data:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life or wellbeing.
(c) Public task: the processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
You have the following rights under GDPR 2018:
- The right of access to the information held about you
- The right to request the rectification of any incorrect information held about you
- The right to erasure of all information held about you, both in electronic and paper hard copy.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the charity using your particulars
- The right to restrict processing of your personnel information.
Any request to exercise your rights, including updating your preferences on receiving certain types of information from us, should be initiated by contacting the charity in one of the following ways:
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Write to us at the following address: GDPR Inquiries, Link Visiting Scheme, C/O Niche Communications, 2 Oaklands Park, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2FD
3. Call us on 0118 9798019
The Link requires all volunteers, clients and other key stakeholders to allow the charity to store contact details as a condition of volunteering or receiving services from the charity. To withdraw completely from volunteering or receiving services from the charity, please contact us directly either by email (email@example.com ) or call us on 0118 9798019. Please state clearly the nature of the inquiry, what you would like the charity to do on your behalf, and your preferred way for us to contact you. Please note any contact details you supply at this point will not be retained by the charity for any purpose other than to help you with your enquiry.